Saturday, January 18, 2014

To Let Go Of The Dagger ~ A Poem By Kristin West

There.
A cold bliss of never ending silence.
When will it end?
When will the daggers finally rest in their place and stop twisting from side to side in the deep parts within me.
"I can't get it out!" I screamed.
"I can't get it out!"
There was a coldness inside me
reaching for a tangible item
that was one to be placed.
It was my hand that took it.
Only my hand could reach out
to grab out of thin air what was
never inside me.
I was hungry for love.
A destiny like a hot fire burning inside me until blisters came from the heat of my own desires.
"I can't get it out!" I screamed.
I look to the left and see a sign that reads "let go."
I stumble as I walk.
I almost couldn't find the strength to get back up.
Then I look down to see the blood. It wasn't even my own.
Destiny cried out "Let go! This is my blood to take! Let go of the dagger and hold on to Me!"
I found a hand inside me that held on to the blade of the rusty dagger. My right hand pulled it and my insides let go.
Blood from the hand on the inside bled with bloody wounds that no medicine could heal.
Until a Light came from the depths of the meat that screamed out to me day and night.
The Light was a Man.
The very One my heart had screamed for for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment